Resume of Bill Daly299 Dilworth La.
Langhorne Pa 19047
- BBA Cum laude, 1976 The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant, 1978
Department of Human Services, State of New Jersey
The State of New Jersey files cost allocation reports with the Federal Department of Health and Human Services to recover cost incurred under various federal programs including Medicaid. The reports prepared by the New Jersey Department of Human Services were not being filed on a timely basis due in part to a backlog in required reviews of these reports.
- Cleared backlog.
Friends Rehabilitation Program
Company constructs and operates low income housing projects. New projects are funded through grants from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Housing and Urban Development and from sale of low-income tax credits. Rents are typically subsidized with operating grants.
- Selected and installed Web-based accounting system. Drafted a requirement's analysis for the company's accounting system. Interviewed and selected Vendors. Directed the installation of the system and the training of users in its use.
- Setup grant ledger. Company receives operating grants from the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and HUD. Many require monthly and annual accounting on years different from the company's fiscal year. Implemented detail grant ledger by grant.
- Brought FRP into compliance with HUD tenant qualification rules. Many of FRP's projects have grants to assist low-income tenants so that they pay thirty percent of their income on housing. HUD's rules for compliance are exacting and FRP was cited for failures to comply. HUD accordingly withheld grant revenue pending proof of compliance.
- Selected virtual hosting service to replace in house servers. The Company had an aging computer infrastructure. Identified the need to replace the whole system. Championed the web based services. Wrote the Requirement's analysis. Interviewed and selected the winning Vendor.
Vice President and Treasurer
Daly Web and Edit, Inc.
Family-owned business provides editing and IT services.
Built and maintained web sites driven by SQL databases. Worked with SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, and Mysql.
Consulted on converting hand-posted accounting systems to computer systems. Installed and configured computer systems. Served as my clients' systems administrator.
- Wrote and published Timothy, a file documentation and management program. See http://dilworth.DalyWebAndEdit.com/timothy/manager.py
- Prepared an HIPAA compliance and security guide for Friends Services for the Aging, a retirement community trade group. Guide provides queries to assist IT managers to recognizing threats, and compare their policies best practices.
Chief Financial Officer for this typewriter part manufacturer.
KPMG Peat Marwick
In-charge auditor for this Big Eight CPA firm
- Alto, Newtown Recorder Consort We play Renaissance and baroque music
- Bucks Quarterly Meeting of Friends Founded in the 1680s, Bucks Quarter consists of thirteen local congregations in Bucks, Lehigh and Hunterdon counties.
- Board member, Friends Housing Coop Friends Housing Coop, founded in 1950, is a North Philadelphia gated community of historic townhouses from the 1840s.