353 Stratton Cr.
Langhorne, Pa 19047
BBA Cum laude
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant
Director of Information Services and Comptroller
Friends Rehabilitation Program
Company constructs and operates low income housing. New projects are funded through grants from Philadelphia, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Housing and Urban Development and from sale of low-income tax credits. Rents are typically subsidized with operating grants.
- Selected and installed Yardi accounting system. Drafted a requirement's analysis for the company's accounting system. Interviewed and selected vendors. Directed the installation and training.
- Setup grant ledger. Company receives operating grants from Philadelphia, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and HUD. Many require monthly and annual accounting on dates different from the company's fiscal year. Implemented detail grant ledger by grant.
- Brought FRP into compliance with HUD tenant qualification rules. Many of FRP's tenants granted assistance. HUD's rules for compliance are exacting and FRP was cited for failures to comply. HUD accordingly withheld grant revenue pending proof of compliance.
- Selected virtual hosting service to replace in house servers. The Company had an aging computer infrastructure. Identified the need to replace the whole system. Championed web-based services. Wrote the Requirement's analysis. Interviewed and selected the winning Vendor.
Prior - 2013
Offered services melding finance and data processing.
- Migrated accounting systems to new platforms. Target platforms varied from Quickbooks to large integrated systems like Yardi. Target hardware varied from Desktop computers to mini--computers.
- Imported data into client's systems. Projects requirements included converting file structures; Transferring data from remote sites; Training client's personnel.
- Wrote database queries to obtain and analyze data from client's information systems.
- APL Library. APL Library provides a collection of APL workspaces that provide similar functionality of other scripting languages. https://sourceforge.net/projects/apl-library/ APL is a functional programming language originally proposed in the 1950s and implemented by IBM in the 1960s. Several APL interpreters are available see http://www.sigapl.org/. These workspaces were developed in GNU APL (http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/apl).
- Alto recorder among other instruments, in the Newtown Recorder Consort, a chamber music group . We perform Renaissance and baroque music for nursing homes and local events.
- Clerk of Bucks Quarterly Meeting of Friends (Quakers) . Founded in the 1684, Bucks Quarter consists of thirteen local congregations in Bucks, Lehigh and Hunterdon counties.